The Fourth of July is a time to celebrate our nation’s great history with family and friends. Whether you prefer to enjoy a relaxing trip to the beach or want to take a boat cruise, Ogunquit, Maine is the perfect place to enjoy the Fourth of July.
To help you plan your vacation, we have gathered together 10 activities that you can enjoy during the holiday:
- Watch the fireworks. — Ogunquit is proud to have a beautiful firework display for guests and residents to enjoy. Children and adults will “ooo and aah” over the impressive beachfront display.
- Don your swimming trunks for a visit to Ogunquit beach. — Our popular beaches have attracted vacationers for hundreds of years. You can enjoy searching for pretty shells, building a sandcastle, collecting sea glass, or frolicking in the waves until your heart’s content.
- Visit the village shops for a relaxing afternoon browsing holiday sales. — The cute village shops located within Ogunquit is the perfect place to enjoy window shopping or browsing through holiday sales. From cute Maine-themed trinkets to sundresses and children’s toys, you are sure to find a hidden treasure at the village shops.
- Eat a delicious lobster. — Maine is known for having some of the best tasting lobster in the entire world! The Fourth of July is the perfect time to enjoy a Maine lobster either in a restaurant, at a cookout, or on the beach.
- Walk along the stunning Marginal Way. — Marginal Way is a 1.25 mile pathway that stretches from Perkins Cove to the middle of Shore Road. This breathtaking path offers some of the best views in the area and is sure to be enjoyed by young and old!
- Take a boat cruise out of Perkins Cove. — Enjoying the coast of Maine can also be achieved from the comfort of a boat. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for wildlife, birds, and aquatic animals.
- Rent a kayak and paddle up the Ogunquit River. — If you are feeling particularly adventurous, then you can rent a kayak and paddle up the Ogunquit River for a day spent in the sun.
- Ride the trolley — Getting the best seat in the house to enjoy fireworks on Ogunquit Beach will require you to hop on the trolley. The trolley is also a fun ride for young children who will enjoy experiencing a new form of transportation.
- Enjoy an old-fashioned ice cream cone. — Ogunquit is proud to be home to some of the best ice cream on the East-coast. Enjoy an old-fashioned ice cream cone while you stroll through the village shops or after a long day at the beach.
- Staying with us (of course)! — The Colonial Inn is your source for the perfect Fourth of July get-away. We are conveniently located within walking distance of Ogunquit beach, offer exceptional guest services, and are only a short walk to Marginal Way.
Book Your Fourth of July Stay Today!
We invite you to book your holiday vacation today at the Colonial Inn! For over 125 years we have provided exceptional experiences for guests from all over the world. Enjoy the beautiful beaches, take a stroll on Marginal Way, visit the shops, and take a moment to kick back and relax during the Fourth of July!